Seabirds and Whales Monday Cruise
This is a whale watch with a birding twist! Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center has teamed up with Newburyport Whale Watch, to create this birding whale watch. This program focuses on seabirds, but we plan on seeing and learning about marine mammals as well. Onboard the Captains Lady III, we will look for concentrations of birds such as storm-petrels, shearwaters, gannets, jaegers, terns, and phalaropes. Dave Larson from the Joppa Flats Education Center will join the Prince of Whales marine mammal naturalists onboard to help spot and narrate bird sightings.
To register for these marine birding trips, please DO NOT CALL Joppa Flats Education Center. Instead, call the Newburyport Whale Watch at 1-800-848-1111. Seniors receive a $5 discount. Children ages 4 to 12 are eligible for the children's rate.
- Meet on the boardwalk off Merrimack Street in downtown Newburyport.
- Wear rubber-soled shoes, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Bring warm clothing, sunscreen, and your camera.
- The Captains Lady III has a well-stocked galley.
- No alcohol may be brought onboard.
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids