Thursday Night Picnic Concerts at Castle Hill
Pack a picnic and bring your dancing shoes to Castle Hill on the Crane Estate in Ipswich for a diverse series of concerts that are sure to entertain! Every Thursday Night July 11 - August 29, 2013, come enjoy a picnic concert with the kids under the stars on the Grande Alllée at the Castle Hill on the Crane Estate. Enjoy a new style of music each week!
Explore the newly restored landscaped lawn and try the family Eye Spy featuring statuary and architecture. Don’t miss the weekly raffle and membership promotion. Let our lawn be your summertime playground.
Concerts start at 7PM and end at 9PM. Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
- July 9: Orange Crush | 80s Cover Band
- July 16: AfterFab | Beatles - Solo Years
- July 23: Cold Chocolate | Bluegrass
- July 30: Soul City | Soul Mowtown and Funk
- August 6: Beantown Swing | Big Band Swing
- August 13: HELP! | Beatles Tribute Band
- August 20: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band
- August 27: Rhythm of the Saints | Paul Simon Tribute
- September 3: Orville Giddings Band | Boogie Blues
If a concert is canceled due to weather, we will update this page at 3PM on the day of the show.
Castle Hill is proud to partner with the following vendors for your convenience:
- Empanadas made with all natural ingredients and authentic Latin American flavors.
White Farms Homemade Ice Cream & Pizza
- Pizza & Ice Cream. Pre-order pizza at 978.412.4138 and they will bring it to Castle Hill in the cow truck. A limited number of slices will be available on site for walk up service.
Off the Hook Ipswich | 978-312-5005
This truck delivers the freshest seafood the ocean has to offer. LITERALLY OFF THE HOOK!
- Ipswich Ale Brewery and Mill River Winery will sell beer and wine to people of legal drinking age with positive identification at the Beer & Wine Garden.
- Members: $20/car.
- Nonmembers: $30/car.
- Walk-ins, bicycles, and motorcycles: $10.
- Tickets available at the gate only.
- Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
BYOB is no longer permitted, and alcohol will be served by Ipswich Ale Brewery and Mill River Winery! Learn more info by downloading the policy for alcoholic beverages at the Crane Estate.
- Please carry out what you carry in, including trash!
- Hanidcapped seating available on the picnic lawn
- Bring your own picnic blankets, tables, chairs and picnic suppers
- Tents are not permitted
- No smoking in the concert area.
- No grills, open flames or candles
- Please leave your pet home.
In response to the overwhelming popularity of the Summer Picnic Concert Series, The Trustees will once again limit the number of concert attendees to 2,000 people. Concert attendees are encouraged to arrive early to ensure admission. Until concert capacity is reached, parents may drop off middle school and high school students at the designated “walk-in” gate. A gate attendant will be equipped to admit walk-ins and collect the $10 admission fee. At the conclusion of the concert, parents should enter through this same gate and park at the barn complex to await their children.
More Information can be found on the Trustees page using the link below.