Thursday Night Picnic Concerts at Castle Hill
Pack a picnic and bring your dancing shoes to Castle Hill on the Crane Estate in Ipswich for a diverse series of concerts that are sure to entertain! Every Thursday Night July 11 - August 29, 2013, come enjoy a picnic concert with the kids under the stars on the Grande Alllée at the Castle Hill on the Crane Estate. Enjoy a new style of music each week!
Explore the newly restored landscaped lawn and try the family Eye Spy featuring statuary and architecture. Don’t miss the weekly raffle and membership promotion. Let our lawn be your summertime playground.
Concerts start at 7PM and end at 9PM. Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
- July 11: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band
- July 18: Digney Fignus | Rock
- July 25: Grupo Fantasia | Latin
- August 1: Roomful of Blues| Blues
- August 8: Beantown Swing | Big Band Swing
- August 15: The Brew | Rock
- August 22: HELP! | Beatles Tribute Band
- August 29: Orville Giddings Band | Boogie Blues
If a concert is canceled due to weather, we will update this page at 3PM on the day of the show.
Castle Hill is proud to partner with the following vendors for your convenience:
- Ipswich Shellfish Fish Market Picnic Suppers
- Salads of local greens with grilled chicken, salmon, or steak tips
- Cookies and cupcakes.
- Pre-order sandwiches and picnic fare at 978.356.6166.
- Picnic menu available online.
- Pre-order at 978.412.4138 and they will bring it to Castle Hill in the cow truck.
- White Farms Homemade Ice Cream Ice Cream
- Q's Sweet Roasted Nuts - Popcorn, nuts, candy, water, and soda.
- Members: $20/car.
- Nonmembers: $30/car.
- Walk-ins, bicycles, and motorcycles: $10.
- Tickets available at the gate only.
- Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
There is a new alcohol policy in place for 2013. BYOB is no longer permitted, and alcohol will be served by Ipswich Ale Brewery and Mill River Winery! Learn more info by downloading the new policy.
In response to the overwhelming popularity of the Summer Picnic Concert Series, The Trustees will once again limit the number of concert attendees to 2,000 people. Concert attendees are encouraged to arrive early to ensure admission. Until concert capacity is reached, parents may drop off middle school and high school students at the designated “walk-in” gate. A gate attendant will be equipped to admit walk-ins and collect the $10 admission fee. At the conclusion of the concert, parents should enter through this same gate and park at the barn complex to await their children.
More Information can be found on the Trustees page using the link below.